Friday, May 23, 2008

The Moving Wall Part 2

Today was the second day of the moving wall and I had the honor again in being the Officer of the Day. We had quite a few schools come in today and learn about Vietnam and the men who fought there. The National Guard brought in a Huey today for a display the kids loved it. Again I was totally impressed with the quality and range of questions the kids had. They were also very impressive in their behavior and the respect they showed The Wall and the 58,246 men and women whose names are listed their.
I ran into a Marine tonight who visited the wall and for the first time he was able to look up the name of a kid he knew g who was killed over their. We stood in the V of the wall and discussed the his service in country and the men he knew. I am learning so much working on this event and bringing closure to an aspect of my life.

No comments: