Thursday, December 25, 2008

Humblling Year

As I sit here on Christmas Day reflecting on the past year, I realize how it has been a very humbling year. During the first half of the year it was a blur of planning and implementation of the Moving Walls visit to Ossipee. During the Walls presentation I had the humbling experience of meeting such great men as Dave Haskell, Frank McCarthy, Joe, Kenney and many more who served their country with dignity and pride. The Summer was kind of laid back, and relaxing with bursts of insanity. In October while at a job site I had a window shatter and sliced my wrist just missing the artery and tendons. Thanksgiving came and went with little fanfare, but in an ice storm on December 11th I lost control of my truck on a remote road in Moultonborough NH and rolled it over on its roof. The fire department had to extract me from the truck using the Jaws of life. I walked away from the accident yet in getting out of the Ambulance my knee buckled from under me and ended up being transported to Lakes Region Hospital in Laconia. When I called my wife form the back of the ambulance and told her I had totaled the truck she didn't believe me and told me to stop joking around.

The accident happened on a Thursday, and the following Monday I went out to a job site to visit one of my customers and while trying to protect my injured left knee I felt a shooting pain up the inside of my right knee, so spent Monday evening at Memorial Hospital in North Conway.The I was stuck at home with my legs elevated for the duration. I am the type of person who takes a lot of pride in my Christmas decorations, and I had to watch my neighbor set the tree up in my living room and my kids put the lights and garland on the tree. Because the knees hurt we didn't get to do any shopping together and to top that off the gift card I had earned at work did not come in in time for Christmas shopping so we had to punt, and on Tuesday the 23rd my wife did a whirlwind shopping trip to North Conway, and ended up doing most of the wrapping, while I sat in my recliner with my legs up living the life of leisure.

My prayer is that my wounds and aches heal so I can hit the ground running for 2009

No comments: