Saturday, March 8, 2008

Drive Throughs

I have a pet peeve, and it is one of the few areas my wife and I disagree, and that is the use of drive through windows. We complain about Americans getting obese, and how they don't exercise enough, but society makes it so easy not to get any exercise. We get in our cars and drive to the bank and drive up to the window, and complete our transactions, we then drive to the pharmacy and pick up our prescriptions at the drive up window. we then go to McDonald's and drive up to the window get our fat filled lunch super sized and then pull into a parking place and eat it. I have even heard of drive through bars in at least one state, tell me is that makes any sense at all???? At least drive in movies are pretty much a thing of the past at least in New Hampshire. But this whole time we never gt out of the car and walked anywhere.

Now I am not saying I am in the best of shape, but I despise drive up windows I prefer to park my car or truck and walk in to transact my business in person rather than through a microphone. At least I get a little exercise, and rather than drive around the parking lot looking fr a spot closest to the door, I don't mind walking across a parking lot a fair distance to get to the store. I think drive up windows are a very negative impact on our society. We try to make things to easy for ourselves. It isn't a lot of extra work to walk a few feet into the store. to get what you need. And then to top it off and add insult to injury it seems like in a lot of locations with drive up windows the lazy people in the car have priority over the people who walk in to do their business in person, so reward them for not wanting to walk anywhere.

No comments: