Sunday, March 2, 2008

Light of our Lives



After yet another snow storm in New Hampshire this winter, it brings the growing piles of snow even higher in front of my windows. After clearing out the driveway for the umpteenth this winter, I again went out on my snowshoes. This time was a lot harder than some of my previous expeditions because I was sinking almost knee deep in fresh powder, and it was tiring, but as I got up closer to the crest in the field behind my house I was greeted with the scene at the top of this entry. As I often do, I reflected on how this is an illustration of our lives. No matter how dark and bleak our lives seem, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If Jesus is in our lives he supports us as I have said in some of my previous posts, but He also lights our world and gives us hope and illumination. There are some who would try to tell you that organized religion is nothing but a method of keeping the masses down and locked in despair. I am telling you that it is just the opposite, a strong faith and belief system give us the hope we need to go on in an increasingly crazy world. It gives us a structure of morals and values to work with and base our lives. With this belief system we can see the light ahead illuminating our way on the road of life, and when the road seems darkest, alight bursts forth giving us guidance and hope in our lives.

No comments: